Sunday, November 5, 2017

Terry.

I would like to note that this post sat in my drafts for a while before I decided to upload it. I was debating on and off whether to put it up or not as I don't want to get anyone from the family upset.

Todd's dad passed in June. He shut off his LVAD (click here if you need to know what that is) at home and got to pass with his family surrounding him.. I did not get to see him that day. and I never got to tell him how I felt.

My kids did not need to watch their grandfather pass. So while Todd was here with his dad, I was with the kids.

Which makes sense, because that's his father, and he needed to be here. I just wish I had had the chance to sit down with him alone and tell him how much he meant to us.

He completely accepted Carsyn. He loved the hell out of him and oh my god did Carsyn adore him. He got Carsyn to smile every time he saw him. Every single time. He always talked to him and played with him however he could.

You know what he told me when we told him we wanted to have a baby?

"As long and Carsyn isn't treated any different"

and that meant so much to me.

you couldn't help but love that man.

Pain in my ass...walked in on me in my underwear, picked on me for being polish, told me jokes so much that I never really knew when he was telling me the truth until the end of the story and scared the piss out of me at times..


but I loved the hell out of him. and I hope like hell he knew that.

Unfortunately I could't get any picture of him with Carsyn before he passed. and that's another thing I regret.. Not taking enough pictures of him with my kids and Todd.

So I'm going to leave you with something that was 100% Terry all the time. I asked Todd's sister to send the video to me just so we could play it back when we needed to hear his voice.











No comments:

Post a Comment