Friday, November 3, 2017

Medical Marijuana

Since the day Carsyn started Medical Marijuana his life has changed for the better.

He went from 8-10 seizures A DAY to 1 the month he started... then none for 6 months. We have breakthroughs here and there but he has no where even close to the amount of seizures he was having before.

Now here's what sucks.. We started off paying 1000.00 USD A MONTH for this. Then it went down to 850, now its just under 700 USD not including travel expenses, since we're driving three hours to the nearest trusted pharmacy for pediatrics. 

The expense is what kills us. We could be completely under control if we upped his dose, but I'm already working 2 jobs and have  hard time putting groceries in our house. We need some help. The gofundme was not only for converting our van but also helping with medical marijuana for Caryn to keep him seizure free.

Guys... He's so happy on this. He's started kicking and screaming and laughing and cooing again. He hadn't done that in so long that I forgot what his voice sounded like. We've been doing this around a year and a half now. and I can't stop getting this for him. He's off 2/3 doses of one of his benzodiazepines. that's really good considering they thought he'd never get rid of one. We're currently working on getting him off his Trileptol as the side effects are horrible.

So as we decrease these medications, I'll have to increase his MM.. I can use all the help I can get until they drop the price some more and make it easier for us to afford it.. I know that this isn't very long, and its my second post today but this was important for me to share with you. This isn't just me saying oh donate so we can afford a vacation, this is me asking for donations to keep my son on a medication that has helped him more than any other medication ever has.

THIRTEEEN medications... that's how many we've tried and failed to control his seizures with.. he's been on 12 of them all at the same time in the hospital with no luck.


This is literally just me asking for help making my child's life better for him and keeping it that way. He deserves it. God, he deserves to be happy and seizure free.


I want to thank anyone who has read and shared my blog, Carsyn's gofundme and donated to it. You don't know how much it means that you support us. also, yes it is being organzied by Todd and not myself. It's the only way I could get Carsyn the help without him losing his insurance, it most definitely still goes straight to Carsyn's needs

 We are so grateful for each and every one of you. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment