Wednesday, November 8, 2017

My Emma

I know that this blog is about Carsyn, but I'd like to talk about a very big part of Carsyn's life: His little sister.

Emma Leigh Jenkins was born on September 15, 2015 and she was a little devil before she was even born. This girl caused me so many problems in my pregnancy. My body already has a hard time handling pregnancy, but this girl took it to another level.

I was hospitalized in June/July 2015 because I was already dilating at 19 weeks. But then Emma flipped over.. She regularly did that, she was very active in there. Every week we went in to get a sonagram She had flipped. but this time she was sitting on her umbilical cord. So had I had her, she wouldn't have been able to breathe.

I was in the hospital for two weeks before I took myself out AMA. In there I found out I have anxiety (which I was not surprised about) but also PTSD associated with all the crap Buffalo Children s put us through with Carsyn. So they had to put me on Ativan, Ambien and benedryl just to keep me calm and for me to sleep. Otherwise I was crying and having anxiety attacks.. At one point Todd told the doctor "This is not the woman I dropped off here 2 weeks ago" My dad called me and thought he had the wrong room. I didn't sound like myself. I didn't FEEL like myself.

So I came home on strict bed rest. I made it to 36 1/2 weeks with this girl before she decided she was coming.

From the start she's loved her brother. He was the only person she would kick for while I was pregnant. Just him.

Once she was born she loved cuddling him.. and at 2 years old she helps me get him out of bed, get him in bed and lets me know if he puts his head down in the car. She kisses him and tells him she loves him about a million times a day and loves to just be near him.

She tells on his therapists when they do something she thinks hurts him or they shouldn't be doing.

She is so protective of her big brother..

I didn't realize how much we needed her until she came along. She's the missing piece we've needed for a long time. It wasn't just Todd and myself that needed her, Carsyn did too. and he loves her to pieces.

He still gets annoyed with her like all sibling do, but these two have a bond no one can ever break. <3



















No comments:

Post a Comment