Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Surgery Date

Carsyn will be having a shunt revision tomorrow. We don't have a time, because he's being added on after a scheduled surgery. So anytime after that surgery he will go in for his own.


Let's hope that the shunt malfunction was the reason for his breathing issues.


But we did find that the shunt might be the cause of Carsyn's Gastroparesis. For a year Carsyn has had issues with digesting his food. Sometimes he does, other times he doesn't and it just sits in his belly.


I had been calling every couple months to ask neurosurgery to just check his shunt. Each time they told me they weren't concerned about his shunt because he wasn't vomiting. HE COULDN'T VOMIT IF HE WASN'T EATING.

On top of that the neurosurgeon here said because Carsyn has a different brain structure than you or I do, a shunt malfunction could present differently.


I'm so mad.


I'll update again after surgery.




No comments:

Post a Comment