Friday, June 10, 2016

Post op update

Carsyn's shunt was clogged not only in the valve but also the tubing. That thing wasn't working AT ALL.

The Neurosurgeon cleared the tubing, got it working again and replaced the valve. Now we're trying to get him off the vent and extubated.

Neurosurgery wants to leave the drain in one more night and then possibly take it out tomorrow as long as this shunt doesn't fail. That's our fail safe. If he builds up pressure, we have a way to relieve it without all the ill side effects.

So he could have his breathing tube and drain out by tomorrow. Next is GI. If he can tolerate feeds, we have no reason to stay......... If he can't, we have to stick around and get a GJ tube placed as soon as possible.

I'm sorry my update isn't very long. I just don't have much more information as of right now. As soon as everything is out and I get to speak to someone else I'll have more for you..


I'm so grateful you guys took the time out of your day for Carsyn. Whatever you did, it worked...



<3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment