Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review on Aftercare nursing agency in Western New York

For anyone looking for a home health care company to go through, Aftercare nursing is one you should absolutely avoid. Not only do they set you up with nurses who don't wear gloves, don't wash their hands and have already been told not to come back to other homes but the supervisors there are absolute assholes. My first meeting with them went fine, I thought we would get along great, until they scheduled our first nurse. Keep in mind that I have NEVER had a nurse in my home before. So this is the very first company I have ever gone through.

 The first nurse they sent me was very sneaky. He would do what he was told when you were around, but the minute you were gone things changed. He wasn't wearing gloves or washing his hands. and he was doing oral care on Carsyn. What a great way to get Carsyn sick. HE COULD HAVE PUT HIM IN THE HOSPITAL. He would also put Carsyn in his chair and leave him like that for most of the day while he watched CMT or played on his phone. He would not take Carsyn outside like I asked him to, unless Todd's mother came over to tell him to take him out. Even though there is a note on my door telling all nurses to TAKE CARSYN OUTSIDE IF IT'S NICE.

One day I came home early, around 230, and the nurse wasn't out until 4. So I let him stay and I just went about my business. When he left I took Carsyn out of his chair and noticed that he was sitting in a soiled diaper. My son had been sitting in shit for a while. This wasn't a fresh diaper. So I called his supervisor and told them what was going on. The supervisor did not believe me and wanted to talk to him before they would take him off my son's case. Then he proceeded to lie to them and tell his supervisor that i never told him to take him outside and he uses gloves all the time. HIS GLOVES WERE NEVER EVEN OPENED. I have Todd and Carol here as witnesses. Carol has walked in on him many times playing on his phone or not using his gloves. On top of that,  he wasn't keeping seizure records on carsyn not was he doing a narcotic count on the onfi. Which both are company policy.  Carsyn has multiple seizures a day,  they are not under control anymore.  I need to know when he had seizures and how long they lasted.  Is it really that hard to write this stuff down?

They still wanted me to keep this guy, and insisted he was the best in the company. I then talked to a friend who had him as a nurse for her daughter in the past and found out that he was released from her house for the same damn thing.

and by the way, this man and another man who is known for not washing his hands are still in fact working for this company even though they are putting patients at risk. How's that even okay? You know very well you are putting patients at risk, and kids like Carsyn can get sick easy and end up in the hospital over a stupid cold. So have fun with unsanitary nurses.

I will note that have two very good nurses, who I wish would go through a different company so I could still get them. but the bad outweighs the good in this situation.

  God forbid someone gets a call that they don't have to work. The supervisors there lecture you if say, you receive a phone call saying you don't have to work or your child is sick and you don't go in to work because you're not sure if you'll have to take him to the ER. According to the nurses you need to be psychic and tell them a week early if someone is going to be sick or get a holiday off. yea, fuck you. the supervisor was actually rude to Todd when Carsyn woke at 4 in the morning vomiting and we called because we weren't sure if we would be going to the ER, so I stayed home with him and Todd called to let them know that  nurse was not needed. I might as well have killed one of her family members. They act like this is the end of the damn world. Get over yourself. this supervisor is known for being a bitch, and not caring for the clients. Number one rule in any company. YOUR CLIENTS ARE WHAT KEEP YOU GOING,m you should probably be more concerned with how happy they are with your services than protecting unsanitary nurses who should not be allowed to work in healthcare.

I started with this company less than three months ago and I've already asked Carsyn's insurance to get rid of them. I'm not sure if I should be mad at the insurance company for having a contract with this shitty company or if I should be mad at Aftercare for being so shitty. Probably both.

Maybe I need to get Carsyn different insurance.

So, if you're looking for a nurse, skip Aftercare nursing. You're better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment