Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The big cheese

So we recently bought a toshiba excite tablet from Aaron's. It's a tablet that we thought would be great for Carsyn and we could use it too. But when I say tablet I mean giant steaming pile of crap. It didn't get the apps that Carsyn was using in therapy, more than likely because the therapists use iPads. And then The charger port on it broke, so we took it back and a month later we got it back. And  it wasn't charging. So we took it back again and waited another two weeks before the thing came back. Want to guess what happened? Nothing. It came back doing the exact thing it went out to be fixed for. So I got tired of being treated like I didn't matter and called the regional office. The next day the regional manager called me to explain that i was to take the toshiba back and they would replace it with an iPad. 

So, the guys at the Jamestown Aaron's are extra mad at me for going over their heads. Though shit. I'm not paying for something that doesn't work.

So now Carsyn gets all the therapy apps that he uses with his therapists! And on top of that he can FaceTime with my mom anytime he wants. 

At first he was a little confused, he heard grandma, but he wasn't on the phone with her and she wasn't going to be in town for a while. Now it seems like the perfect way to talk to my mom and show her some of the stuff he does in therapy. And he loves it. 

This thing is so nice, because we don't get to see my mom much. She's a very busy lady! And Carsyn is super attached to her so now in between visits he gets to see her. 

As for health wise, Carsyn has a bit of a cold but he's finally gaining weight. I owe it all to the incredible GI department at strong hospital. They've been fantastic and Carsyn has gained ten pounds since the middle of January! That's a lot for him.

I don't think I will ever find doctors as good as we have now. They saved him. By the middle of January he was at 26 pounds because he was so ill. He wouldn't keep anything down. So with a little help from duocal and benecalorie he's getting extra calories every day. And they help a lot.

The only downside is duocal is all fat and sugar, and sometimes Carsyn gets hyper. But that really isn't that much of a downside because all he does is laugh and kick, and I'm ok with that.

But for anyone who has a special needs child and they don't really get to see people close to them the iPad is perfect. You get the apps for games and therapy stuff, and they get to see the ones they love more frequently. I can't complain. 


So until next time :) <3

Sorry I have no pictures this time. I haven't put any on the iPad yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment