Sunday, June 5, 2016

Family.

We've met a lot of people in our journey to where we are. A lot of good and a lot of bad. Nurses, Doctors, Other parents and their children. But there's one thing these people all have in common. They've MET Carsyn.

My mom recently married a great man. He goes out of his way for my kids and my niece and nephew. He goes out of his way for my brothers and I.

 But I have to say,.

 I have never met anyone like his parents.

His parents have only met me once, and never met Carsyn. And they still talk about Carsyn like they've loved him forever. It didn't matter if they'd met or not. Even before this hospital stay they wanted to meet him, they loved him.

Now, my mom has never really believed in going to church. but my mom called her father in law. My new grandfather.

Chris's father is a Deacon. My mom called him after I called her crying. I was following behind the transport team watching as they pumped oxygen into Carsyn's lungs and started the process of intubating him. She called him to ask him to pray for Carsyn. To use whatever pull he had with the man upstairs so we could keep Carsyn a little longer.

Do you know what he did?

He pulled over.

 He was so emotional over the news of Carsyn that he had to pull over. A man that has never met my son. His wife is the same way.

 and they have people in Florida praying for him too.

THAT is how I determine my family.


These people are my family.

and I can't wait for them to meet Carsyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment