Thursday, October 24, 2013

updates: weight gain, attitude and car rides.

Carsyn gained a pound and a half! That may not seem like much, but believe me, it makes a difference and I'll take it. We have been fighting for so long to get him to gain weight and finally it's happening. but let me back up:

About six weeks ago I was finally fed up and was going to tell the GI doctors in Syracuse it was either put Carsyn on duolcal (a powder that goes in his food to increase calories) or we would find someone else. Carsyn made the decision for me.We put him in the truck to go and he started BAWLING. So we decided not to go and give them a call. The GI doctor asked if we could get his Primary to do the scripts until we could see them again. Oh Boy. The Primary started on about being concerned about his weight. My response? Were the hell have you been for the last four years?! I've been complaining about his lack of weight gain for FOUR YEARS. Not one person made a move to fix it. But yet I am to blame? Yea right, honey. I informed her the VNA services have it on record that i have been complaining about this for a while. Not only that but they also have on record that I have VNA come to the home to keep tabs on his weight, and the Primary decided to do away with them and not let them come back until I went in to explain why i needed them. What. the. hell. I then told her that i was not going to waste his insurances money by taking him to an appointment when HE WAS NOT SICK. They saw him 2 weeks prior to this. again: what. the. hell. So we went out the Rochester to see a new GI doctor. but not before his primary decided that instead of giving Carsyn the duocal she was going to switch his food to a dairy based formula. Now for those of you who do not know, Carsyn cannot have dairy or soy products. He throws up. A lot. So I then proceeded to yell at the doctor. Must be yelling is how I can get anything done because that's when people start going "oh shit." So now he's back on his normal food and we are seeing a new doctor.

The duocal has really done the job. He's been on it two weeks and has gained a pound and a half. woot woot! On top of that the GI people in Rochester are just like the Neurologist. AMAZING.

The only downfall is that the duocal is just fat and sugar, and Carsyn gets hyper. But he's happy, so I'll take it.

I don't know what to do to keep him calm on long car rides. The doctor didn't even know. She actually told me to give him cough medicine. I just rolled my eyes and pretended I did not hear her just tell me to give my son cold medicine to get him to go to sleep in the car.

As of today Carsyn is on one. He's happy but he's the kind of trouble making happy where he doesn't want to do what you tell him and if you talk he yells or snorts louder to drown you out. oh, he's being bad. I laid he down for a nap and he zonked out so I'm assuming the lack of sleep is what's caused him to be so bad today.

but what can you do? again, he's happy. So I'll take it.


Until next time <3 <3

enjoy this video of Carsyn in the eastview mall. He really wanted to go on that Carousel!







No comments:

Post a Comment